What is covered?
Subject to the terms below, SUPERLIFT will repair or replace its products found defective in materials or workmanship for so long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle on which the product was originally installed. Your warrantor is SUPERLIFT, LLC, doing business as SUPERLIFT® Suspension Systems (“SUPERLIFT®”).
What is not covered?
Your SUPERLIFT® Limited Warranty does not cover products SUPERLIFT® determines to have been damaged by or subjected to:
- Alteration, modification or failure to maintain.
- Normal wear and tear (bushings, rod ends, etc..). Scratches or defects in product finishes (powder coating, plating, etc..).
- Damage to, or resulting from, the vehicle’s electronic stability system, related components or other vehicle systems.
- Racing or other vehicle competitions or contests. Accidents, impact by rocks, trees, obstacles or other aspects of the environment.
- Theft, vandalism or other intentional damage.
Remedy Limited to Repair or Replacement.
The exclusive remedy provided hereunder shall, upon SUPERLIFT’s inspection and at SUPERLIFT’s option, be either repair or replacement of the product covered under this Limited Warranty. Customers requesting warranty consideration should contact SUPERLIFT by phone at (800) 551-4955 to obtain a Return Goods Authorization number. All removal, shipping and installation costs are customer’s responsibility.
If a replacement part is needed before the SUPERLIFT part in question can be returned, you must first purchase the replacement part. Then, if the part in question is deemed warrantable, you will be credited / refunded.
Other Limitations - Exclusion of Damages - Your Rights Under State Law
- Neither SUPERLIFT nor your independent SUPERLIFT dealer are responsible for any time loss, rental costs, or for any incidental, consequential or other damages you may have.
- This Limited Warranty gives you specific rights, and this is the only warranty SUPERLIFT makes in connection with your product purchase. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state. For example, while all implied warranties are disclaimed herein, any implied warranty required by law is limited to the terms of our Limited Lifetime Warranty as described above. Some states do not allow limitations of how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the limitations and exclusions herein may not apply to you. SUPERLIFT neither assumes nor authorizes any retailer or other person or entity to assume for it any other obligation or liability in connection with this product or Limited Warranty.
Important Product Use and Safety Information / Warnings
As a general rule, the taller the vehicle is, the easier it will roll over. Offset, as much as possible, what is lost in rollover resistance by increasing tire track width. In other words, go “wide” as you go “tall”; always use a wide a tire and wheel combination as feasible to enhance vehicle stability. We strongly recommend, because of rollover possibility, that the vehicle be equipped with functional roll bar and cage system. Seat belts and shoulder harnesses should be worn at all times. Avoid situations where a side rollover may occur.
Generally, braking performance and capabilities are decreased when significantly larger/heavier tires and wheels are used. Take this into consideration while driving. Also, changing axle gear ratios or using tires that are taller or shorter than factory height will cause an erroneous speedometer reading. On vehicles equipped with an electronic speedometer, the speed signal impacts other important functions as well. Speedometer recalibration for both mechanical and electronic types is highly recommended.
Do not add, alter, or fabricated any factory or aftermarket parts to increase vehicle height over the intended height of the Superlift product purchased. Mixing component brands in not recommended.
What is it?
A FREE “Zero-Stress” Supplemental Drivetrain Limited Warranty that guarantees peace-of-mind for consumers who have any concern about their Factory Drivetrain Warranty being denied post installation of a SUPERLIFT brand lift kit. See Terms and Conditions for complete details.
What vehicles are covered?
Any vehicle equipped with a SUPERLIFT brand lift kit that is less than 5 years old from the original in service date, has less than 100,000 miles on the odometer and is covered by an OEM Drivetrain Warranty can qualify.
How do I enroll and how does it work?
Post installation of your SUPERLIFT brand lift kit; download and return, or complete a simple online registration form. The form is processed and, pending approval, registered in the Factory Warranty Assurance, LLC database. Confirmation of registration will be provided along with Warranty ID number and a copy of the Terms and Conditions.
What does it cost?
Nothing. It’s FREE.
What does it cover?
- Engine: All internal lubricated engine parts, timing belt, pulleys and covers, engine mounts, harmonic balancer, water and oil pump, manifolds, turbocharger housing, internal parts and vanes. Cases, housings, engine block and cylinder heads are only covered if damaged by the failure of an internal lubricated part.
- Front Driveline: All internal lubricated parts, propeller shafts, axle shafts, front hub bearings and constant velocity joints.
- Rear Driveline: All internal lubricated parts, propeller shafts, bearings and axle shafts.
- Automatic Transmission/Transfer Case: All internal transmission lubricated parts, vacuum modular and torque converter.
- Manual Transmission/Transfer Case: All internal transmission lubricated parts; provided, however this Limited Warranty does not include any manual clutch, throw-out bearings, pilot bearing or bushing, slave cylinders, pressure plate or clutch master cylinder.
Q: Are all Superlift branded lift kits covered under the Factory Warranty Assurance Program?
A: Yes. As long as the vehicle is covered by an OEM Drive Train Warranty at the time of installation and claim.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: Nothing. It’s FREE.
Q: How do I register for the Factory Warranty Assurance Program?
A: Download and return or complete a simple online registration form.
Q: Is the Factory Warranty Assurance Program transferable?
A: Yes. The FREE “Zero-Stress” Supplemental Drive Train Limited Warranty may be transferred to a subsequent retail purchaser of the covered vehicle. Transfer requests must be made in writing to Factory Warranty Assurance, LLC.
Q: What is the length of coverage?
A: Coverage of the FREE Supplemental Drive Train Limited Warranty is limited to 5 years from the vehicles original in-service date or up to 100,000 miles as long as the vehicle is covered by an OEM Drive Train Warranty.
Q: How are claims paid?
A: After the approved claim has been initiated and authorized repair completed, Factory Warranty Assurance, LLC will pay the designated repair facility directly.
Q: Is coverage contingent on professional installation?
A: No. Coverage is contingent upon installation being performed per Superlift’s installation instructions and use of recommended tire and wheel combinations.